Sticking to their proven formula of offering easy handling at incredible speed, these free-race shapes are more comfortable and easier to sail than ever. They release early, accelerate incredibly fast and fly freely over flatwater and chop alike. The comfortable stance will give you the confidence to push the boards and go as fast as possible. Due to their increased control, they offer higher top speeds than World Cup slalom boards for the recreational sailor. Easier than ever before to rail-up and carve into powerful and dynamic gybes. Overall, they are JP’s fastest and most enjoyable free-race boards ever!
Offering huge performance potential for an experienced rider, they are super-efficient on all tracks and especially off the wind. Armed with plenty of traction they inspire confidence to easily control high-speed flight. It is easy to exploit the full performance potential as the stance is relaxed and you are totally connected to the hull when transferring maximum sail power for more and more acceleration.
The shapes are based on the slalom board concept but tuned to suit the demand and physical strength of performance-oriented recreational windsurfers. As such, these Super Sports feature several elements of our Slalom line:
• Being short they feel very compact
• The parallel outline maximises the planing surface at the mast base lifting the boards onto the plane instantly.
• The centred swing weight gives great top end control.
• The deck concave around the mast base reduces the volume and lowers the pivot point of the rig for additional control.
• The bottom curve and V-flow of the Slalom boards were adjusted to improve comfort and gybing ability. This efficiently contributes to the early release, loose ride and high water position.
• The tail configuration creates on the one hand a wider outline at the tail while at the same time reducing the overall volume.
• The thinned-out rails throughout the whole board length combine comfort and efficiency. They provide tight turns and easier gybing. Exiting the turn with speed will be as easy as going fast in a straight line.
• The tail cut-outs are responsible for great release and easy trimming of the board for a fast and comfortable ride.
• The tail outline and deck shape offers great leverage for better acceleration and top end performance.
Overall, all these shape features make this JP’s best planing and performing Super Sport line ever. Most impressive – making them a standout in the free-race class – are the smoothness of ride, comfort and ease. Consequently, the boards can be set to top speed mode easily and maintain this high level with little effort. As a cherry on the cake, the thin rails and low tail volume make initiating gybes at this high speed very smooth.
These free-race designs feature JP‘s best balance between easy sailing and performance: Slalom speed for everyone!
Highest pace and performance within JP’s freeride range
Performance freeriders based on JP’s slalom development
For speed-oriented freeriders who enjoy sailing with power and keep the board flying on its fin
The ultimate blend of ease and user-friendliness in the freerace class
Easy handling at incredible speed
V-flow and bottom shape provide comfort
Thinned-out rails allow extraordinary gybing ability
Foil Approved Fin Box
SURF 07/2022, DE, Super Sport 122 LTX Test
Fazit: Sehr schnelles Freeraceboard mit geringstem Stresslevel. No Link
WS Magazin, UK, 08/2022, Super Sport 122 LTX Test
A light wind performance machine, the JP Super Sport has a loose and lively nature to add plenty of life to those otherwise marginal days. As the wind increases, a change to a smaller fin really helps to develop its performance in powered conditions.