- surfing, fishing, free diving, expedition travel. downtime = xbox
- Best day in my life:
- Walking in the late afternoon sun with my wife, kids, and future daughter-in-law on the beach in Laguna last year. I realized that I could stop there in that moment and be happy with how it all turned out. Pretty good day.
- Best day possible:
- Best day may be tomorrow...
- Best 'vacation':
- Mentawaii Islands and all the stops along the way.
- Favorite music:
- Depends on the mood! A bit of everything.
- Favorite book:
- The Prophet
- Book I read now:
- The Heart Sutra (Red Pine translation)
- Favorite motor vehicle:
- I drive a 10 year old Toyota truck and hope it never dies...
- Favorite spot(s):
- South Orange County California, Carlsbad and North County San Diego (and all parts in between)
- Favorite JP SUP(s):
- I alternate the Slate 7’2" and the 7’6" with the Surf 8’2". Love the 12’6x27" Race and the Sportster.
- Personal 'madness' & 'obsessions':
- I need a restraining order against my XBox.
- Inspired by:
- Lifeguards and other first responders.
- Proud about:
- My 26 year marriage, my kids, and being fitter at 45 than ever - thanks in large part to surf and SUP.
- Sport targets:
- Catalina crossing, and continued pursuit of personal distance bests coupled with further off-grid expeditions/exploration. For surf we’re heading back to the Mentawaii Islands this year as well as Central America - pursuing the best surf experinces I can find.
- The future:
- I competed in my 20s with longboard surfing - been enjoying getting back into the fun of local comps.
- SUP to You Boardshop
- Anything else ...
- “I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee…”